Saturday, July 03, 2010

4 July 2010 ... Independence

A little over six years ago ... wow, that's been a while ... I started blogging in this space. A lot has changed on a personal level (and beyond, for sure) since then. It's been fun. But candidly, I don't have the energy to keep it up. The marquis is broken (server issues with the fella hosting ) and my bells/whistles are not up to snuff. More fundamentally, I just don't have the energy/wherewithall to make this thing go. There's too much happening in the real world.

But I will still be around the internets from time to time. For those who care to follow or find me, well, email me -- dcutter-at-gmail-dot-com. Talk to "my people", and they will direct you.

Who knows? I may be back at some point in the future here, but for now, I can't see such a time. So, I am going to leave this site here as a museum of sorts of ideas and of one solitary Christian conservative speaking out on behalf of what he believed ... and believes ... during a most tumultuous and important time in our history. Maybe my kids will read it some day. For those of you who know them and feel led to direct them here, I would appreciate it.

One thing I believe in ... and I learned this from my Dad ... is America. I love my country so, to me, it's more like a love story and a relationship with the land I live in. I realize that for many (even those who agree with me on a lot of things), this might seem a bit much.

But I was taught to love my country ... because it is good, decent, and free. And brave men have inhabited this place since its founding. I stand on their shoulders and, as a result, have been able to see most beautiful things and have have had the opportunities to go to most amazing places.

No particular government or politician can dampen this for me. I fell in love long ago, you see. For those who think "love is blind", well, I guess you could look at it that way.

For me, though, it's just that I know the soul of this great lady America.

I am hers.

There she stands.



Yes, God bless America.

Semper Fidelis ...