Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Congratulations to Barack Obama and the Democrats

Well, we fought hard but came up short. We can discuss what happened and why (I have some ideas along the same lines as my main man Rove). But that is for another day and time.

Tonight, Barack Obama has defied the odds. Sure, I am disappointed at the outcome, but we must stop for a moment to recognize the magnitude of the achievement.

It started to hit me when I saw Juan Williams choking up describing how amazing the election of America's first black president truly is. Obama himself echoed it. This is is a great country. Let there be no doubt that a black man can achieve his dreams in America.

I sincerely hope and pray that I have been wrong about Obama. I don't think I have been, but time will tell. But know this: I am an American first, last and always. Unlike some, I wish the best for our presidents, whether they were/are my choice or not. I won't have Obama Derangement Syndrome. I am a free member of the loyal, conservative ... Republican opposition. I am feeling pretty good tonight, all things considered.

You see, my country has spoken ... and resoundingly. And I am duty-bound to acknowledge and respect what it has said. And I do. Hey, I even know some good people who voted for Obama.

So, tonight, let's pause and recognize the momentous achievement of Barack Obama's election. Let's hope this puts race behind us as a nation ... and for good.

Now, back to work. Saddle up.

Talk to you soon.