Thursday, December 14, 2006

You know we have no press, don't you?

I mean, we don't. The conformist pack that travels around masquerading as "the press", the "defenders of the public good" and all that jazz, well, we know they are jokes. They clearly are. Really, they are bad jokes. Not funny at all.

Yes, our "protectors of the public interest" routinely fail to ask the key questions necessary to fulfill their self-stated mission. Why? Well, they often are rooting for one side (like the MSM who failed to uncover until after the election that Demos were holding and then shopping the Foley story), or just ignorant (say, don't know Shiite from Shinola ... full disclosure: Line stolen from Sweetness & Light), or just maybe lazy (no press conference scheduled today) ... or perhaps they are afraid of what they may find (their real world experiences collide with the leftist indoctrination received at their so-called journalism schools like the one I attended).

Like most members of large, bumbling bureaucratic organizations, the bulk of traditional media outlets are at the tail of every big movement. Realizing that an abundance of creativity and original thought will result in their unemployment, they instead opt for the tried and true, that familiar old cobblestone road: "Hey, I see a press conference going on. Let's check it out and see what the other reporters are asking and writing about."

How do I know? I used to be one of them.

Today, the real media are the New Media. I wish I had more time to devote to this endeavor. I am but a small voice in the wilderness. But the collective thoughts, ideas, and actions of the millions who do pay attention and care about the survival of America and the West, these make it happen.

And speaking of all of the foregoing, whatever happened to the breathless coverage of the mysterious death of Alexander Litvinenko? You recall that he was the former KGB spy who was apparently served a polonium sandwich by some one in a London restaurant. Last week, the MSM was heating up ... press conferences were even called. We had a big story, and the MSM knew it was big because they were all showing up at the same places.

But then something happened.

The coverage seems to have waned after we learned that Litvinenko converted to Islam on his deathbed. Hmmm. Other reports indicate that he wanted to show solidarity with the Chechnyan rebels, many of whom are Islamic extremists.

Do you recall those "rebels" who murdered the Russian school children? These may have been the friends of the departed Litvinenko. He was clearly no saint. But where is the press? Extra, extra ... read all about nothing.

So, what happened? Did Putin gather world leaders around who explained some things "off the record" to the Defenders of the Public Interest? But I mean ... these are/were the the same MSM who were crying murder a week ago.

But query: Would it be murder if the CIA killed an Al Qaeda-linked jihadi in a restaurant in Paris? What if that jihadi was getting ready to blackmail the U.S. government and bring it to its knees? What if he was getting ready to explode a suitcase nuke in Manhattan? Would it have been murder to serve a polonium sandwich to Mohammed Atta and Co. on 9/10/01?

Would it have been murder for the U.S. Navy to sail out into the Pacific on Dec. 6, 1941 and sink as many Japanese carriers as it could?

Don't get me wrong. I think we have plenty of reasons to keep a very sharp eye out for the workings of Putin, not the least of which is Russia's relationship to Iran. I am not saying that we trust him implicitly, or even at all. First and foremost, he is about preserving his power. But he does face the same Radical Islamic threat that we do. The world is a complicated and rapidly-changing place.

So where is the MSM and the analysis on all the foregoing? Are they only lathered up because some one wanted to show the world that they were capable of making their enemies radioactive?

Here's my take: I have no problem with the CIA taking out a jihadi who is trying to kill Americans and/or cripple our government, and frankly, if Litvinenko was trying to aid Radical Muslims, bon appetit.

But unfortunately, I have a feeling the "press" won't get the word out on what Litvinenko was really doing, or why he was killed. We know the Russians won't tell the story, but what about our own fearless defenders of the First Amendment?

Yes, that was a rhetorical question.

The "press" is gone, but the media are here.

P.S. Incidentally, I give my absolute highest endorsement to the talented soul(s) who run Sweetness & Light. This is a must read, and I would encourage you to keep tabs on a regular, if not daily basis. I do.

Programming Note: After the New Year, I will resume my regular posting schedule. In the meantime, we press on. The Christmas post will be up on December 22, and then I'll be off until January 3, when I return with a vengeance with a presser from the pick-up. But where will the pick-up be? We'll see.

Special Thanks: I appreciate the link and the readers coming over from The Anchoress. Wow, I knew something was up, because I didn't think some Aussie right-wing hard rocker could have stirred the pot that much. But seriously, I appreciate your dropping by. Also, thanks to my old chums at Hang Right Politics. Go take a look at these great blogs, and if you're a regular reader here (yes, all four of you) behave yourselves.