Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Texan sends regards to California ...

You know, I was thinking ... Last night, the Astros got beat by the Dodgers ... the Enron trial is wrapping up. Goomba is still incommunicado. Hey, I haven't reached out to my blue-state neighbors in California in a while.

At any rate, a Texas Democrat friend of mine sent me this yesterday. Thought you might appreciate it:
... This week back in 1850: California became a state. The state had no electricity. The state had no money. Almost everyone spoke Spanish. There were gunfights in the streets.

So basically, it was just like California today except the women had real breasts and men didn't hold hands.
I found this strangely reassuring. I mean, with the whole world changing around it at a breakneck pace, we can still count on California, pretty much as we've always known it.

California the Conservative.

Update: Mark emails the following report detailing the latest insanity to emanate from California. Is it a spoof or is it California? You be the judge.