Monday, April 10, 2006

Are you kidding me?

Well, doing a little reminiscing as I head toward 50,000 hits. Looking back, this space has been linked by Instapundit, Slate, CBS News.com, Hewitt, etc. ... oh, forget them and their links (take my word for it). Goomba linked me, so all is good.

But now, I have to ask ... are you kidding me? Is Ann Coulter reading this blog? ... and stealing my ideas?

Maybe not. But, as you know if you've read much, I have postulated here that the defining philosophy of modern Leftist thought is post-modernism.

Now, Ann has simplified this theory: It's just plain godlessness.

Mind you, this doesn't mean that there aren't godless conservatives. Political philosophy and/or good works don't save.

I think Ann is just stating, in her inimitable way, what the de facto faith of the Left is. Haven't read ithe book yet, but I imagine the thesis is something along the lines of: "Being a conservative doesn't make you godly, but being at home in the modern Left does require (in most instances) an adoption of a godless philosophy. Here, I would substitute "post-modern", but who wants to pick a fight with Ann?

Pretty interesting stuff, for sure. And the ultimate provocateuress has set her latest bombshell to land on D-Day, which this year is 6/6/06.

Imagine the book-promotion tour and accompanying liberal interviews: "I am not godless, Ann ... really I am not. Am I?" Very clever.