Friday, December 16, 2005

Congratulations to Julie-with-a-B

Yes, my scandalous blogchild, JulieB, turns the big "1" today. I read her blog not only for the good (sometimes) puns, but also to hear what an honest liberal who cares about America has to say. Julie, there's a lot less of you than I think you realize, but I don't want to pick a fight with you today.

For those who wonder how left the "blogmother" must have been to birth such a blogchild, well, let's just say the word "circumnavigate" comes to mind. And for those who wonder whether my friendship with Julie means that I have either "grown" or am really not that conservative, well, you're wrong on both counts.

And if you don't believe me, just ask some of Julie's leftist friends.

Julie is a good person, and I have appreciated her blog friendship and contributions to this blog. She has been a, shall we say, "moderating" influence here. And that's good ... sometimes. You people need it.

So, congratulations to Julie on her "blogiversary". Here's to many more.

Update: Julie's gotten into the liberal cabinet and is posting crazy things/pictures. Again, a blogfather only has so much influence. Put another way: The opinions and pics posted over there do not represent the views of the blogfather. But, you probably knew that. Alas, there are perils in hanging out with liberals.