Monday, November 07, 2005

Pardon me, while I step outside to be optimistic

It has been both fascinating and troubling to watch the MSM fail to report the growing unrest in France and also fail to identify the culprits -- young Muslims. It makes you wonder, and it causes disgust at the same time. Where is this leading?

How could the same MSM run with this story of a troubled former Marine's lies about atrocities in Iraq? I guess it depends upon what is important. Is any one noticing?

One wonders: Did any one notice when the same MSM anxious to find American atrocities edited a dead Marine's letter home to make a political point. In case you missed it, the NY Times saw the news from Cpl. Jeffrey Starr's letter home that was fit-to-print, as follows: "I kind of predicted this. A third time just seemed like I’m pushing my chances.” However, the part of Cpl. Starr's letter that was not fit-to-print was:

I don’t regret going. Everybody dies, but few get to do it for something as important as freedom. It may seem confusing why we are in Iraq. It’s not to me. I’m here helping these people, so that they can live the way we live, not have to worry about tyrants or vicious dictators, to do what they want with their lives. To me, that is why I died. Others have died for my freedom. Now this is my mark.
Is any one out there paying attention? Sure, there is. We are. I am. You are. We are, my friends, part of the very future of information dissemination in America, the West, and yes, in the world.

So, take heart. Because the more the MSM ignores the atrocities committed by radical Muslims while simultaneously peddling aggressive, anti-war propaganda disguised as news ... the more readers, viewers, and listeners will keep turning to the New Media. Thus, people will get more information, more real news, more facts, more truth. All of the foregoing will lead to more freedom. When ideas are allowed to compete in the marketplace, the best ideas win.

I am perfectly happy with such a competition of ideas. I wonder ... Is the Left? And ... what are the odds you think that Zarqawi and his ilk want free discussion of his contributions to the civilized world?

So, the MSM's continued gross malfeasance, albeit maddening, only increases the speed of its demise. Still I ponder: If a tree falls in the forest and the NY Times says it's because of an evil neo-con conspiracy to fell trees, would any one know?