Friday, November 18, 2005

A Conservative's Parable on Difficulty?

Man, I am going to sleep outdoors this weekend, which I don't do unless my kids drag me or I'm paid to do so.

Before I go, though, was digging through my brief case and I came across my notes of a story told to me ... by a pastor friend of mine, incidentally ... which makes it a little more humorous, perhaps. I was going to post it during the Miers debacle, but time got away. So, I will put it up now for you to ponder. Warning: Liberals will not understand. Here goes:

A bird was going to fly south. But he waited too long. When he finally left, his wings froze and he fell to the ground. He lay there dying. Then, a cow came along and crapped on him. This was a terrible experience, but the warm cow crap thawed his frozen wings. He was so happy. He was so happy he couldn't contain himself and he started singing. Then, a cat came along and, to his amazement, wiped all of the cow crap off of him. He was so overjoyed. Alas, but then the cat ate him.

The moral of the story is:

1) Not every one who craps on you is your enemy;

2) Not every one who takes crap off of you is your friend; and

3) When you are covered in crap, keep your mouth shut.

See you next week.