Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Settling the Alberto Souter, er, Gonzales issue

Okay, fear not. The worry about the AG ... a fine AG, but ... being appointed to the SC are for naught. Because I am hereby notifying the WH that I would and will support a filibuster of the AG if he is nominated for the SC ... a filibuster by Republicans, that is.

It's going to be a long, hot political summer, but I like the President's comment ... "I'll get back to you in a few weeks" ... when it became apparent that liberal interest groups would be lying in wait for weeks and lobbing negative ads with the Senate off getting all their tassled loafers shined.

Actually, I think the President will do just fine on this. And ... I think that brilliant Sith Darth Rove should also be consulted to concoct a dastardly, poisonous political stew to feed to the likes of Kennedy, Schumer, Durbin, Leahy, et al.