Friday, July 15, 2005

Karl Rove: "I confess. I am Joe Wilson."

Continuing in my outreach program to Leftists (but my conservative and Moderate -- hands over your hearts please -- friends are welcome, too) ... It appears that I was right when I wrote two days ago that Karl Rove was the "set-ter" in this set up involving Joe Wilson. I know the mind of the Sith Lord Rove. He is way too wily for a press corps that thinks they are both smarter and more virtuous than he. Memo to the seething (and not too smart) partisans in the press: You are right. Rove and Pres. Bush are not like you.

Yeay, the Dark Side of the Force ... it is very powerful.

Instapundit has a nice roundup of links. And the roads lead back to? Reporters ... and Joe Wilson ... who now says his wife was not undercover when Novak "blew" her cover? Would some one please beam me up? I thought that's what this was supposed to be about.

Next, as a public service to my Lefty readers/lurkers and as more continuing outreach, I implore you to please take a look at this outstanding column by Dean Barnett. (h/t to Hugh Hewitt).

Here's a sample:
... [T]he politics of the left-wing blogs are far out of the American mainstream. Where most of the 120 million Americans who voted in the last election bear a benign indifference to political matters, the left half of the blogosphere seethes with hatred for George W. Bush and his supporters. What's more, the blogs take numerous positions that would strike all but the most passionate Democratic partisans as patently preposterous. For example, several of the left-wing blogs recently ran an advertisement that referred to West Virginia Senator and former Ku Klux Klan Kleagle Robert Byrd as an "American Hero."

Also, the level of discourse on the Daily Kos and other prominent liberal blogs is not something that would be attractive to the majority of the American public. The writings are often obscene and usually relentlessly hostile and negative. Crude personal attacks, whether aimed at right-wing bloggers or politicians, are the order of the day.
Do yourself a favor and read it, and learn, Lefties. Or ... just keep it up and keep losing. Choice is yours. As for me, I happily continue in my Jedi training. And, yes, I do it with a smile.

See you next week, I will.