Friday, July 22, 2005

Important times we live in ...

Before I go for the weekend, I just wanted to note, particularly in the wake of the apparently-botched terrorists attacks in London yesterday, that I am encouraged to see what appears to be the beginning of a real discussion in Britain about confronting Militant Islam. Why that seems so difficult for our political leadership to do escapes me. But we have to do it. As I have discussed here before, Islam is not the enemy. But there is a militant portion of Islam that needs to be taken on ... militarily and ideologically.

Interesting indeed that the apparent planner of the 7/7 London attacks was picked up in a madrassa. At least two of the other bombers had paid a visit to a madrassa in eastern Pakistan, as well.

The discussion is beginning. Now for action ...