Friday, March 25, 2005

Today, I will look up ...

Greetings all. The Terri Schiavo case winds to its sad conclusion, but I choose to look up. Maybe some thoughts on this next week. It's been a wild ride. When all settles down, I don't think it will be all bad for us as a nation, as we reflect on our system of government, the role of our judiciary, and most importantly, the preciousness of one solitary life.

Next Monday ... I will answer Julie's penetrating questions. I know you can't wait. Right? Oh, well. It is pretty interesting to think about coming up with some answers. And, of course, I see Julie working. She is making me do a little research and perhaps trying to get Sen. Boxer and me to be buddies. Okay ... I am game.

And finally, with all due respect to my friends who do not share my Christian faith and in the spirit of goodwill, I sign off this Easter week by citing the irony of being reminded at this time of year of the preciousness of the individual. Indeed, Jesus Christ cared so much for each individual that he gave His life for each of us sinners on Good Friday. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Jesus' death on Friday could have been perceived as a tragedy, and indeed it was for a time. Actually for about two days. Because on the third day ... Sunday ... He actually, physically rose from the dead. Thus, I will look up.