Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Okay ... and about Jesse Jackson

So, what about his visit to Florida where he has eloquently taken up the fight for Terri Schiavo? Well, if you view it cynically, it might appear that Jackson is shoring up the Democrats' values flank. Perhaps he is trying to show up Gov. Jeb Bush. Perhaps he is just living out his faith and being true to his commitment to fighting for the powerless. As I recall, liberals used to take up the cause of the powerless. Who knows?

Frankly, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I will tell you this ... I really don't care what his motivation is. If he is working to save Terri's life, then great.

So, last month I praised Barney Frank for his stance on Eason Jordan's slander of our military. This month Jesse Jackson and I are buds. If I say something nice about Ted Kennedy next month, I quit. The world will be coming to an end.