Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Giving Thanks

Well, I'm off to give thanks ... actually off to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. The highlight of the Thanksgiving weekend will lead me to football heaven -- DKR Royal-Memorial Stadium in Austin as my beloved Horns host the Evil Ones from College Station. Taking my two boys (14 and 11). Will be their first UT-A&M football war. We should be close enough to the A&M section to land some good barbs. I will try to tone down the poly-syllabic words so the Ags can understand.

But ... first things first. Thanksgiving arrives, and as the holiday stress approaches, I sometimes find it hard to keep focus. But ... I have much to be thankful for. I have already dispensed my election thanks. Generally, this has been a great month that has reminded us of our blessings as Americans. I know a lot of Democrats are disappointed, but I am thankful for those who love America and are moving on.

I am thankful more every day for Pres. Bush, who appears to be gearing up for an electric second term of action. The man is a progressive, compassionate conservative. Social security, tax reform, remaking the Middle East, smokin' out jihadis ... Iran ... N. Korea ... Bring it on.

I am grateful for our amazing fighting men in Iraq, a new generation of heroes and making prior generations proud.

I am thankful just be an American in these exciting times.

I am thankful to all of you who stop by and give me your thoughts.

I am thankful for the incredible, thoughtful talent out here in the 'sphere. It inspires and challenges me. This reminds me. I have really appreciated Hugh Hewitt through this entire fall campaign season. He is truly an incredible talent and all-around great guy. So, I am especially thankful for Hugh.

I am thankful for my family. They/we may not be perfect, but they are mine and thus "just right".

And all of the foregoing are thanks offered to God, for he gives me each day, every breath, every movement, every key stroke, every thought ... every thing. God help me to remember this and live with grace. I am trying to do this more each day. This doesn't mean I won't have fun with moonbats ... but it's good to know Who owns me.

Since I am heading off to the hinterlands, I won't look at a computer screen until Saturday or Sunday. So, I will be back on Monday. So, both of you behave.

Thankfully yours,