Monday, November 01, 2004

Final Pre-Election Thoughts ...

Tomorrow I probably won't post much, if at all ... I will be watching the developments along with you. So, I will provide a few thoughts tonight, and then I'll add some pics later ... for inspiration.

First things first ... What do I think about tomorrow? Think I am going to predict defeat? That's the problem when you care so much. It is impossible to keep your heart out of the analysis. I said quite a while back that I did not think this election will be as close as a lot of the so-called experts think. I have had my doubts in the last few days, but the super analysis by The Horserace Blogger has really helped me to get some perspective. So, I am cautiously optimistic that, provided that Republicans do what they appear poised to do (turn out in greater numbers than they did in 2000), that the President will win. I think we are looking at a 4-5 point margin. Okay, I stole this from the Horserace Blogger, but ...

My analysis here really does come down to the two men themselves. People just like and trust Pres. Bush more. That's not just me talking. That is every poll that addresses the issue. In this time where national security issues (terrorism and Iraq) are at the forefront of the American political psyche, it also makes sense to me that people would vote for the candidate that they trust. Plus, no one likes Kerry and his base is animated by Bush hatred. This is not a good formula for success.

Lots going on in the news today. Too much to cover ... almost all good, though ... the job numbers for October good ... the OBL "Red State" threat is getting out there ... every one is talking about nat'l security and the President retains a solid lead among voters on this issue ... the DNC gets slapped down by Gen. Schwarzkopf for faking a Kerry endorsement by the general ... There's not much time for all of this to sink in, but it appears that events and the news cycle are drifting back the President's way as the polls open.

To track electoral votes tomorrow, check out this site. Thanks to American Warmonger for passing on the info.

Finally, I will sign off with this: I haven't been worth much lately around here. My kids understand somewhat what I am doing, but not really. Some day they might. Because this effort is for them. Our cause is to protect our country and preserve national security so that America is strong when my 14-year-old votes in the next presidential election and is eligible for military service. So ... this is for my kids ... literally.

Stay strong ...